Book Series - If you're looking for books by favorite authors or need to know which book came first in the series you're reading, this website can help!
Read Kiddo Read - Here's another great website with some great reading suggestions for you!
Iowa Goldfinch Award List 2014 - 2015
These books are selected for readers in grades K - 2. Two to three copies of each title are available for check-out in our library. Students will vote on their favorite book during the third week of March 2015.
- Bad Kitty School Daze- Nick Bruel
- Boot and Shoe- Marla Frazee
- Boy + Bot- Ame Dyckman
- The Case of the Library Monster- Dori Hillestad Butler
- Creepy Carrots!- Aaron Reynolds
- Exclamation Mark!- Amy Krouse Rosenthal
- Extra Yarn- Mac Barnett
- The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore- William Joyce
- The Gingerbread Man Loose in the School- Laura Murray
- Goldilocks and the Three Dinosaurs-Mo Willems
- I Want My Hat Back-Jon Klassen
- LMNO Peas- Keith Baker
- Me...Jane- Patrick McDonnel
- Miss Brooks Loves Books!-Barbara Bottner
- Mousetronaut-Mark Kelly
- Nancy Clancy: Super Sleuth-Robin Preiss Glasser
- One Cool Friend- Toni Buzzeo
- Otis and the Puppy-Loren Long
- Scaredy Squirrel Has a Birthday Party- Melanie Watt
- Skippyjon Jones Class Action-Judith Byron Schachner
- Unspoken- Henry Cole
Iowa Children's Choice Award Reading List 2014 - 2015 for Gibson students in grades 3 - 5
Three copies of each title are available for check-out in our library. Students must read or listen to a minimum of 2 books in order to vote for their favorite book. Voting will take place during the third week of March 2015. Gibson students can now write their reviews of the books they have read.
First, Try Book Talk for summaries about books on the Iowa Children's Choice List.
Then, click on the authors' names below to learn more about their work by visiting their websites.